The fascination for the inexplicable never disappears … and the UFO phenomenon is perhaps one of the most powerful of these stories, which connects uncertainty on worlds beyond ours with conspiracy theories about government and in particular on the government of the United States of America.
“The Pentagon publishes three videos of “unidentified air phenomena” and the hashtag #AliensExist beats the Coronavirus. Emerged in 2017, but shot between 2004 and 2015, the three videos show strange aircraft moving in the sky. Former Nevada senator Harry Reid: “This is only part of the research and documentation available”
– This is how the article published by Corriere della Sera on April 29, 2020 begins.
On April 27, the US Department of Defense confirmed, for the first time officially, the authenticity of 3 videos related to “unidentified air phenomena” shot by military pilots. The Pentagon merely declares that it has ‘confirmed’ the videos to “clarify any misconceptions from the public about whether or not they were real, or whether or not there is anything else in the videos.”
Two were published by the New York Times, while the third was leaked by an organization co-founded by former Blink-182 singer Tom DeLonge.
After they were first leaked, some people claimed that the videos showed alien and unidentified flying objects (UFOs).
According to the New York Times, a 2004 clip was shot by two Navy fighter pilots and shows a round object suspended above the water, about 160 kilometers on the Pacific Ocean.
A U.S. Navy pilot on leave, David Fravor, who met one of these UFOs in 2004, told CNN in 2017 that the object in question was moving irregularly. “As I approached him, this quickly accelerated south and disappeared in less than two seconds,” he said. It was “like a ping pong ball bouncing off a wall.” Harry Reid, a former Senator of the state where the US Air Force Zone 51 secret installations are located, in a tweet said he was “happy that the Pentagon is finally transmitting these images”, even if this “only scratches the surface of research and available documentation “. “The United States must take a serious and scientific look at this and all the potential implications for national security. The American people deserve to be informed “- his words in a tweet published on April 27th.
In December 2017, recalls the AFP agency, the US defense department had admitted that it had funded until 2012, the official date of its completion, a secret program of several million dollars to investigate UFO sightings.
The Pentagon previously studied aerial encounter recordings with unknown objects as part of a classified and closed program that was launched at the behest of Harry Reid. The program was launched in 2007 and ended in 2012, according to the Pentagon, because they rated that there were higher priorities that needed funding.
However, Luis Elizondo, a former head of the ranked program, told CNN in 2017 that he personally believes “there is very convincing evidence that we may not be alone.”
“These aircraft – we will call them aircraft – show characteristics that are not currently in the United States inventory or in any foreign inventory that we are aware of,” Elizondo said of the objects sought. He says he quit the Department of Defense in 2017 to protest the secret surrounding the program and internal opposition to funding.